February 5, 2009

Beckham says: let me go

You knew when Beckham landed on the island for a friendly with Rangers that the English press were gonna be all over him like, well, I dunno, Ronaldo on cake.

Here's the dirt, the final quote being the most damning:
''But I hope they can come to an agreement and it's down to the clubs now. At this point it's out of my hands. I've said what my feelings are to both clubs. To be given the chance again to play at this level at my age is pretty incredible and I've enjoyed it so much I would like to continue it.

''I knew I would enjoy it, but I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have and do as well as I have.''

''I'm still confident that will happen eventually, but I want to have a chance of being involved in 2010 and I believe my best chance of doing so is to remain here.''

''Who knows, I might enjoy myself in the MLS again in the future. It's nothing against the league. It's just I have enjoyed myself so much here I want to stay for a while.''
Let him go, MLS and American soccer doesn't want him if he doesn't want to be here.

Plus, I see more of his highlights at Milan than for L.A.

No comments: