May 18, 2009

Akon and the World Cup music?

I saw this first over at Pies. Some rapper dude is saying he's the "musical director" of World Cup 2010. Ollie's not impressed, I'm equally unimpressed.

I never understood Akon's popularity, but whatever. I'm not super interested in the musical offerings of the greatest sporting event in the planet.

Here's a snippet from a reported interview on BBC radio:
"I've been hired as musical director for the World Cup. I will be overseeing the World Cup anthem and music at the ceremonies and I'm off to South Africa this week for meetings.

"I love football so it's a great honour. Chelsea is my team in the UK but I'll support South Africa in the Cup."
I'm sure those allegiances are forged in stone...

1 comment:

Saoirse said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sara

http://pianonotes.info