October 15, 2009

Sigi Schmid Q&A

Great feature over at The Seattle Times website the other day. Seattle Sounders FC coach Sigi Schmid took questions online from fans.

He's such a unique character that I recommend reading the whole thing, but here are some highlights:
[Comment From Chris]
Who is the biggest prankster on the team? It would seem that Taylor Graham would be the leading candidate. Has anyone played a prank on you?

Sigi Schmid: You are correct. Taylor is the best prankster on the team. Although Tyrone Marshall did hogtie our fitness coach and the players dumped a cooler of Gatorade on him on his birthday. The players usually consider me off limits. Although there was a picture on my office door of Notorius BIG with my face on it proclaiming Sigi Smalls was here. But I think that might have come from someone affiliated with Columbus.

[Comment From that guy]
If Joe Roth decided to make a movie about the sounders, who would play you?

Sigi Schmid: I wish I could say Brad Pitt or George Clooney, but it would probably be John Goodman.
Good stuff.

No comments: